EVH_patio.jpg

EASTWELL VILLAGE HALL

Eastwell is a village in rural Leicestershire, 6 miles from Melton Mowbray

with a population of around 180.
The Village Hall was opened in 2015.

The excellent facilities make it an attractive venue for a whole range of community activities.

 NEWS

OPENING UP

The hall is now open for community activities, subject to Covid restrictions and precautions.

 

​​LIVE@EASTWELL

2022 programme announced - details here

PUB NIGHTS

Dates set for December. Details on The Well page

​HISTORY GROUP

January Pub Quiz.  Details on the History Group page.

 
 
REGULAR ACTIVITIES

LIVE@EASTWELL

Top-quality music in a cosy, intimate atmosphere with excellent modern facilities including air conditioning, superb acoustics and a well-stocked bar.

See full programme on Concerts page

COMMUNITY PUB

Fancy a well-earned pint or a refreshing glass of wine on a Friday night?

Large selection of ales, wines and spirits, soft drinks and nibbles.

Bar opens 6.30pm

Check future dates on The Well page

HISTORY
 
 
 

Village Hall History

The original Village Hall - known as the Village Institute - was built just after the First World War in 1919. It was a timber building and provided a centre for the social life of the village for over 50 years.

In 2014, following a lengthy application process, a Lottery grant was obtained to build a new hall which was opened in 2015.

Village Hall History

The original Village Hall - known as the Village Institute - was built just after the First World War in 1919. It was a timber building and provided a centre for the social life of the village for over 50 years.

In 2014, following a lengthy application process, a Lottery grant was obtained to build a new hall which was opened in 2015.

Eastwell History

Eastwell and the surrounding area has a rich and fascinating history. Eastwell History Group runs a programme of talks and presentations about the people who lived there and the events that shaped its story. 60 years ago Eastwell was surrounded by ironstone quarries. One of the locomotives used for hauling the ore, Lord Granby, has been returned to the village and is being restored by the Group. 

Village Hall History

The original Village Hall - known as the Village Institute - was built just after the First World War in 1919. It was a timber building and provided a centre for the social life of the village for over 50 years.

In 2014, following a lengthy application process, a Lottery grant was obtained to build a new hall which was opened in 2015.